Westchester County Parks needs qualified lifeguards to staff the many county beaches and pools this summer.
The County offers training to become certified as a lifeguard. Those interested are required to sign up for lifeguarding/first aid and CPR/AED training for the professional rescuer with Westchester County Parks.
- Applicants must be 16 years or older
- Hiring preference will be given to Westchester County residents
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid and CPR/AED for lifeguards certifications or equivalent required
- Waterfront certifications required for beaches
- Must pass Westchester County practical skills test
- Must be able to work at varied locations
- Background clearance will be required for those age 18 by Labor Day and older, and pre-employment drug testing is required for all applicants.