FACT: unless you’re reducing your consumption of plastic, recycling means nothing
PROBLEM: plastic is everywhere and part of everything-including clothing
SOLUTION: do what can, when possible. Don’t buy unless absolutely necessary and there is no alternative.
What I’ve done:
- Buy used clothes, to reduce demand for new resources to manufacture brand new clothes. 60% of my current wardrobe is used, including shoes and sneakers
- Carry reusable silverware to use at work
- Use mug or reusable cup at work for drinks
- Refuse straws
- Refuse packet condiments/disposable silverware (especially if it’s take out, you got it at home)
- Buy vitamins in glass bottles (glass can be recycled over and over)
- Having a party? Buy aluminum cans instead of soda in gallon. Aluminum can be recycled multiple times.
Stop buying products that use excessive packaging
- Become aware of how much garbage- including recycling, you make per day. There are some days I don’t make any garbage.
I made a conscious effort to be aware of my impact. I don’t worry about others, I do what I can. I am among millions on this planet that got companies changing their ways because they’re loosing money by not being mindful of the garbage they’re creating with their products.