Taboo takes place in the present day, in the rural South-West of Western Australia, and tells the story of a group of Noongar people who revisit, for the first time in many decades, a taboo place: the site of a massacre that followed the assassination, by these Noongar’s descendants, of a white man who had stolen a black woman. They come at the invitation of Dan Horton, the elderly owner of the farm on which the massacres unfolded. He hopes that by hosting the group he will satisfy his wife’s dying wishes and cleanse some moral stain from the ground on which he and his family have lived for generations.
But the sins of the past will not be so easily expunged.
SOURCE: Community Book Store
Location: Community Book Store, Brooklyn
This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
- Alastair Noble: Message in a Bo(a)ttle Art Exhibition thru August 25 ~Nyack, NY~
- Engage: A Made-Up Star Trek Musical thru August 28 ~Manhattan~
- Sunset Jazz Concerts Thursdays thru August 29 ~Tarrytown, NY~
- Hudson River Museum Teen DJs Friday thru August 31 ~Yonkers, NY~
- Sean Kenney’s Art Made with LEGO Bricks’s thru September 2 ~Jersey City, NJ~
- Bat-Manga! The Secret History of Batman in Japan thru October 12 ~Manhattan~
- Play Days at John Jay Homestead State Historic Site Fridays thru October 25 ~Katonah~
- The Batman Collection of Chip Kidd thru November 2 ~Manhattan~