Creating Sensory Details: How often have you heard this famous refrain: Show, don’t tell. But how exactly? And why? Most writers interpret it to mean that one should write vividly with detailed images and sensory information (show) rather than dull summaries (tell). Working through a series of writing exercises, we’ll explore the scientific impact sensory details have to emotionally engage readers.
SOURCE: Astoria Bookshop
Location: The Astoria Bookshop, Astoria, Queens
This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
- Alastair Noble: Message in a Bo(a)ttle Art Exhibition thru August 25 ~Nyack, NY~
- Engage: A Made-Up Star Trek Musical thru August 28 ~Manhattan~
- Sunset Jazz Concerts Thursdays thru August 29 ~Tarrytown, NY~
- Hudson River Museum Teen DJs Friday thru August 31 ~Yonkers, NY~
- Sean Kenney’s Art Made with LEGO Bricks’s thru September 2 ~Jersey City, NJ~
- Bat-Manga! The Secret History of Batman in Japan thru October 12 ~Manhattan~
- Play Days at John Jay Homestead State Historic Site Fridays thru October 25 ~Katonah~
- The Batman Collection of Chip Kidd thru November 2 ~Manhattan~