Since its inception in 1974, the Newark Museum Black Film Festival (NMBFF)–formerly the NBFF (Newark Black Film Festival)–has become known among its peers as the longest running black film festival in the United States. Throughout the years, it has continued to provide a progressive public forum for hundreds of emerging writers, directors, producers, performers and film buffs who enjoy African American and African Diaspora cinema. Screening in the summer months, the films that are shown reflect the full diversity of the black experience in America, both past and present.
Each film selection encompasses a wide range of cinematic forms and formulas, from documentary to the avant-garde.
The Festival is free of charge to the public.
Location: Clifton Stadium, Clifton, NJ
This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
- Don’t Miss Out On Flea and Tick Treatment for Cats & 12% Extra OFF ?Free Shipping ?10% Cashback Buy Now Use Coupon Code: BPC12OFF
- Save 43% or more on New York’s 6 best attractions with CityPASS – Shop Now!
- New York Edition Book – Only at Shop.Entertainment.com
- Designer Fashion Fabric
- 2 Cards: 1 Perfect Night Out! Purchase this $25 Fandango Gift Card + $25 Darden® Restaurant Gift Card. Terms apply.
- GovernmentAuctions.org – Save thousands $$$ on cars and foreclosures! Click Here!
- HOTELS.com: Government Employees Get 10% Off with verified ID
- Ripley’s Believe It Or Not
- Keep warm with this sizzling hot deal on ugly Christmas sweaters! Buy 1 and get any item 50% off with code NINJA. Limited time only!
- As Seen on the Big Bang Theory – Harry Potter Remote Control Wand!