FREE Lunch Time Classical Music Concerts October 24 & 31 ~White Plains~
- October 3: Youlan Ji, pianist, Joyce B. Cowin First Prize Winner of the 2018 New York International Piano Competition, joins with five members of the Metropolitan Opera Orchestra to play a concerto of Beethoven from a rare nineteenth century transcription of the original score.
- October 10: Uncommon Practice/Open Studio – Downtown Music is pleased to present this program of contemporary works which explores artistic partnership from multiple vantage points.
- October 17: Cellist David Heiss is a member of the Metropolitan Opera Orchestra and is principal cellist of The New York Pops at Carnegie Hall.
- October 24: With 26 recordings and hundreds of songs in his repertoire, Tom Chapin serves up a tasty mix of story songs, ballads, comedic and political songs, family music, sing-alongs, old-time folk classics and a favorite song or two of his late brother Harry’s.
- October 31: Pianists Svetlana Gorokhovich and Irena Portenko join forces for an extraordinary concert which features the Symphony No. 6 in B minor of Peter Ilych Tchaikovsky (Pathetique) as arranged by the composer for piano four hands.
Location: Grace Church, White Plains