“We Wear The Mask” Reading with Sergio Troncoso & Lisa Page January 21 ~Sleepy Hollow~
Why do people pass? Fifteen writers reveal their experiences with passing. For some, “passing” means opportunity, access, or safety. Others don’t willingly pass but are “passed” in specific situations by someone else. We Wear the Mask, edited by Brando Skyhorse and Lisa Page, is an illuminating and timely anthology that examines the complex reality of passing in America. Skyhorse, a Mexican American, writes about how his mother passed him as an American Indian before he learned who he really is. Page shares how her white mother didn’t tell friends about her black ex-husband or that her children were, in fact, biracial.
Location: Hudson Valley Writers’ Center, Sleepy Hollow
- Westchester Theater & Concert Venues
- Westchester County Flea Markets
- Westchester County Recreation Departments
- Westchester Performing Youth Arts Programs
- Empire City Yonkers Raceway Bus Schedules