Gilded Age Garden Party September 9 ~Nyack, NY~
Editor’s Note: If you live in the Tri-State area and have never visited the quiant, back-in-time, chic, cool, off-the-beaten Hudson River town of Nyack, you’ve missed out! One of my favorite places in lower Hudson Valley!
Gemini & Scorpio celebrate 15 years of immersive themed costume events with a weekend-long getaway to a historical Victorian mansion for a turn-of-century garden party.
Expect a lavish and historically accurate food buffet in the style of our Victorian events, a full orchestra performing in the garden all day, poolside champagne and classic cocktails, Victorian games & amusements, and outdoor silent films after sunset — all in a stunning antiques-filled 1858 mansion with a pool and terraced garden.
Entertainment and activities:
– Retro Remix Orchestra – classic songs and current pop hits performed in orchestral, hot jazz and swing arrangements
– Hand-drawn fashion illustrations of guests by Anastasios Taso Megaris
– Photo booth with celebrity portrait photographer Allan Amato: http://www.allanamato.com
– Victorian garden & parlor games
– Card games played with authentic decks from mid-1800s through early 1900s
– DIY amusements from turn-of-century books
– Poolside popped corn from our vintage-styled machine
– Saturday evening parlor party with full tea service and dessert
1800-1910s summer garden party, with all-white, cream and pastel tones encouraged (seersucker or light gray are great summer options for men).
No modern casual wear, please – though modern cocktail summer attire is easy to accessorize with a nod to Victorian times. Please wear comfortable shoes, hats or parasols for sun protection, and don’t forget your swimwear and towels (no towels provided).
Transport options from NYC (click link below):
- Charter Bush
- Public Transportation from Port Authority & Grand Central Station
Tickets: $15.00 to $200.00
Location: Pretty Penny, 235 North Broadway, Nyack